パブリック, 公共 公共
- 公共（こうきょう）とは、私 (private) や個 (individual) に対置される概念で、英語のパブリック (public) を翻訳した言葉。
- 名詞 (Noun)PLpublicsPREpubli-
- The people in general, regardless of membership of any particular group.
- Members of the public may not proceed beyond this point.
- (archaic) A public house; an inn.
- 形容詞 (Adjective)COMmore publicSUPmost public
- Able to be seen or known by everyone; open to general view, happening without concealment.
- Pertaining to all the people as a whole (as opposed a private group); concerning the whole country, community etc.
- Officially representing the community; carried out or funded by the state on behalf of the community.
- From another point of view, it was a place without a soul. The well-to-do had hearts of stone; the rich were brutally bumptious; the Press, the Municipality, all the public men, were ridiculously, vaingloriously self-satisfied.
- Open to all members of a community; especially, provided by national or local authorities and supported by money from taxes.
- (of a company) Traded publicly via a stock market.
- Policy was to be bold, not timid; campaign promises were to be carried out, not cynically shelved; and the public service would dance to a new tune, one where the ministers called the tune.
- The “vertical kampong” that is being planned in Woodlands will bring together homes, shops, clinics, childcare and eldercare services, a hawker centre, gardens and public spaces under one roof.
- Many parents become embarrassed by their children throwing tantrums in public places.
- Public confidence in politicians must underpin our democracy.
- Public good nothing, replied the copresidents of the League of Women Voters of Chicago.
- I really wish you wouldn't carry on like that in public!
- Good heavens, I can't write down to the level of the vulgar public!
Meaning of public for the defined word.
- 品詞階層 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
難しい性質: レベル 1
簡単に ➨ 難しいです
明確性: レベル 9
明確 ➨ 多目的
- fr public
- en publication
- fr publication
- en publicly
- en publicity