- 名詞 (Noun)PLlistsSUF-ist
- A strip of fabric, especially from the edge of a piece of cloth.
- Material used for cloth selvage.
- The charwomen are in the habit of taking off their boots at the commissionaire's office, and putting on list slippers.
- (in the plural) The palisades or barriers used to fence off a space for tilting or jousting tournaments.
- A register or roll of paper consisting of an enumeration or compilation of a set of possible items; the enumeration or compilation itself.
- (computing, programming) A codified representation of a list, used to store data or in processing; especially, in the LISP programming language, a data structure consisting of a sequence of zero or more items.
- OBS A limit or boundary; a border.
- OBS A stripe.
- (architecture) A little square moulding; a fillet or listel.
- (carpentry) A narrow strip of wood, especially sapwood, cut from the edge of a plank or board.
- (ropemaking) A piece of woollen cloth with which the yarns are grasped by a worker.
- (tin-plate manufacture) The first thin coating of tin.
- (tin-plate manufacture) A wire-like rim of tin left on an edge of the plate after it is coated.
- (archaic) Art; craft; cunning; skill.
- (nautical) A tilting or careening to one side, usually not intentionally / not under a ship's own power.
- (architecture) A tilt to a building.
- OBS Inclination; desire.
- 動詞 (Verb)SGlistsPRlistingPT, PPlisted
- To create or recite a list.
- To place in listings.
- VI OBS To engage in public service by enrolling one's name; to enlist.
- VT OBS To engage a soldier, etc.; to enlist.
- VT To enclose (a field, etc.) for combat.
- To sew together, as strips of cloth, so as to make a show of colours, or form a border.
- To cover with list, or with strips of cloth; to put list on; to stripe as if with list.
- to list a door
- (carpentry) To cut away a narrow strip, as of sapwood, from the edge of.
- to list a board
- To plough and plant with a lister.
- (US, Southern US) To prepare (land) for a cotton crop by making alternating beds and alleys with the hoe.
- VI (poetic) To listen.
- VT (poetic) To listen to.
- (nautical) To tilt to one side.
- the ship listed to port
- (nautical) To cause (something) to tilt to one side.
- the steady wind listed the ship
- (archaic) VT To be pleasing to.
- (archaic) To wish, like, desire (to do something).
- He is still on the waiting list for public housing.
- Look back at the list several times today, and then a few times a day in the following days, so that you are checking in regularly and loving up your shadow.
- The listing for Loop 2.4.3 had promised that a waterphone would be featured.
- After his string of poor performances, he was put on the transfer list.
- The memory leak happened because we forgot to destroy the temporary lists.
- Beating up on shitpuddles like you is comparable to a basic food group in alt.peeves, and you're just a name at the end of the list.
Meaning of list for the defined word.
- 品詞階層 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
難しい性質: レベル 1
簡単に ➨ 難しいです
明確性: レベル 9
明確 ➨ 多目的
- en listened
- en listen
- en listening
- en lists
- en listing