captain 意味 EN[ˈkæp.tɪn] US
- キャプテン（英: Captain）
- イギリス空軍およびその影響を受けたいくつかの空軍では大佐（Group Captain）。
- 名詞 (Noun)PLcaptainsSUF-ain
- A chief or leader.
- The person lawfully in command of a ship or other vessel.
- The captain is the last man to leave a sinking ship.
- An army officer with a rank between the most senior grade of lieutenant and major.
- A naval officer with a rank between commander and commodore.
- A commissioned officer in the United States Navy, Coast Guard, NOAA Corps, or PHS Corps of a grade superior to a commander and junior to a rear admiral (lower half). A captain is equal in grade or rank to an Army, Marine Corps, or Air Force colonel.
- One of the athletes on a sports team who designated to make decisions, and is allowed to speak for his team with a referee or official.
- The leader of a group of workers.
- John Henry said to the captain, "A man ain't nothing but a man."
- A maître d'.
- (Southern US) An honorific title given to a prominent person. See colonel.
- 動詞 (Verb)SGcaptainsPRcaptainingPT, PPcaptained
- VI To act as captain.
- VT To exercise command of a ship, aircraft or sports team.
- Both men waited for the captain to make a decision. Finally, Dean broke the silence. "We need to know what to do, Captain! Before we sink!
- The captain rarely referred to his wardroom for advice, and this lead to their malcontent.
- When the captain offered a free round of grog to the crew, every man Jack of them lined up for a cupful.
- Captains do so dandle their doings, and dally in the service, as if they would not have the enemy subdued. – Edmund Spenser
- Captain Simon Katich (35 off 26) swiped three legside sixes to keep the scoreboard ticking along until he was dismissed right at the halfway point of the innings to leave NSW at 5-67.
- Captain Camara reacted angrily to these statements, telling reporters Monday that “Guinea is not a subprefecture, is not a neighborhood in France.”
- The talented 22-year-old is one of six players named to lead last year's wooden spooners, the group to be headed by James McDonald who had already been confirmed as the club's new captain.
- 1954, JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, Vol 3, Houghton Mifflin Co., page 164 : But the victory did little to enhearten the captains.
Meaning of captain for the defined word.
- 品詞階層 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
難しい性質: レベル 1
簡単に ➨ 難しいです
明確性: レベル 9
明確 ➨ 多目的
- en captains
- en captaine
- en captainly
- en captaincy
- en captained